Founded by low-cost clinics to serve all the people
For nearly 30 years, Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) has been providing quality health care to Washington families and supporting their choices for health care. Our coverage is geared toward a model of care that treats the whole person and fosters trust, compassion, respect, and equality.
Our mission is to bring health coverage to all Washingtonians and give them the tools they need to live healthier lives. Join us!
A brief history of CHPW
- In 1992, Washington’s low-cost clinics (Community Health Centers) realized too many people were being neglected by traditional insurance. They got together and started Community Health Plan of Washington.
- CHPW is the state’s first not-for-profit managed care plan founded by Community Health Centers.
- Today, we’re still the only not-for-profit to provide managed care to Apple Health members.
- Always working to improve our services, we expanded to cover Medicare members in 2007.
Our mission is to deliver accessible managed care services that meet the needs and improve the health of our communities, and make managed care participation beneficial for community-responsive providers.
We work for patients, and we work to help providers better serve those patients.
Community Health Plan of Washington’s company values are:
- Excellence in service
- The importance of every person and every idea
- Individual and team accountability
- Resource management and productivity
Equal Employment Opportunity
Community Health Plan of Washington is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any actual or perceived protected characteristic or other unlawful consideration to include: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.