5 Questions with Venessa Sarausad
Manager, Internal Audit
1) How long have you been with CHPW and what does your current role entail?
January 2023 will mark my 12th year at CHPW. I am the Internal Audit Manager and my responsibilities include assessing internal controls over financial reporting through the Model Audit Rule program, developing and conducting operational audits, reporting on audit activities, and managing the Quality Assurance team.
2) What has kept you here at CHPW over the years/what brought you back?
During my tenure at CHPW, I left the company for a short period of time and returned. Working elsewhere made me realize that company culture and a positive rapport with colleagues is important to me.
3) What makes you proud in your work?
The fact that my colleagues and I are here to do one thing, serve the underserved.
4) How do you maintain a sense of camaraderie with your team now being hybrid/fully remote?
My team maintains a sense of camaraderie through virtual check-ins and “open door” policy.
5) What is something people don’t know about you?
Something people don’t know about me is that I am creative and enjoy fauxligraphy, chalkboard art, and making party invitations and decorations from scratch.
*To read Venessa's answers click each question.