Welcome to your personal pregnancy care plan
You don’t just need prenatal care—you need care that’s built around you. That’s why Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) offers the Healthy You, Healthy Baby case management program.
Through Healthy You, Healthy Baby you can:
- Get individualized support before, during, and after your pregnancy
- Learn about pregnancy milestones and what to expect
- Discuss your needs and set pre- and postnatal goals with CHPW’s team
- Get a free Breast Pump, plus advice on feeding
- Learn about benefits and services for your baby, including circumcision and immunizations
- Get connected with local resources for housing, food banks, rides to medical appointments, and more
- Apply for an EBT card, WIC, disability, and other benefits
How do I sign up for Healthy You, Healthy Baby?
Call us or complete our Pregnancy Notification form and fax it to 206-652-7073.
Next, you’ll get a Health Assessment. This assessment highlights individual health needs you may have during your pregnancy.
Then we’ll start your pregnancy plan that includes talking with you about your needs, your goals, and the programs and services that are available to you.
Do I qualify for case management?
Short answer: yes! As a CHPW member, if you need or want case management, you can get it. Our team of OB, NICU, and Pediatric case managers provide individualized support during and after your pregnancy.
We especially encourage you to request case management if any of the following applies to you:
- I’ve had a high-risk pregnancy or delivery in the past.
- I have early contractions, bleeding, and/or a lot of vomiting.
- I have diabetes, hypertension, depression, COPD, or another chronic condition.
- I’d like help getting rides to and from medical appointments.
- I need housing assistance, help finding food banks, or other community-based services.
What is a case manager?
Case managers work with you to define and meet health goals that you decide on together. Many CHPW case managers are licensed social workers, nurses, or specialists.
Our approach uses clinical and evidence-based guidelines, which means they have been tested and shown to be helpful.
Case management also supports the relationship between you and your doctors. We make sure you’re all on the same page, and we can help you adjust your care to better serve your needs.
How can I get my free Breast Pump?
When your due date is in the next 90 days, you can order a manual or electric Breast Pump at no cost. Here’s how:
- Within the 90 days before your due date, tell your doctor you want a free Breast Pump and they’ll write you a prescription.
- Request your free Breast Pump from one of these suppliers. You can pick the brand you want, as well as choose between a manual or electric pump. Your Breast Pump will be mailed to your home address at no cost to you.
- Byram Healthcare: click the green Click To Get Started button and follow the 3 easy steps to order your free Breast Pump.
- Norco: fill out the online form and click the grey Submit button to order your free Breast Pump.
- Advanced Home Medical: click the Breast Pump image, download and fill out the order form, and email it to [email protected] or fax it to 1-888-518-7568 to order your free Breast Pump.
If you have any questions or need help getting your Breast Pump, call us at 1-800-440-1561 (TTY Relay: Dial 711).