Addressing your needs, together
When life is busy and uncertain, it can be hard to ensure all your health needs are being met. Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) created the Case Management program to support you.
Your CHPW case manager is your advocate, cheerleader, and health care system interpreter. They’ll work with you to figure out your health needs and how you can address them. This can mean:
- Helping you talk to your providers about the care you need
- Asking you questions about your health, making a plan together, and supporting you as you work toward health goals
- Getting care for mental health or substance use disorder. Our case managers can help you schedule and keep appointments, manage medication, and more.
- Connecting you with local help for housing, food, and paying bills
- Providing education about the health care system, health conditions you have, and your CHPW benefits
Case Management is covered for every CHPW member
There are no copays or costs to you. Many of our case managers are licensed social workers, nurses, or specialists.
How can a case manager help me?
Because CHPW case management is based on your individual health needs, no two members have the exact same experience. But here are some things our case managers can help you with:
- Finding a health care provider
- Making sure you can schedule an appointment when you need one
- Helping you fill out forms for state and federal programs you may qualify for, like disability and WIC
- Organizing transportation to appointments
- Teaching you skills to help you manage your health conditions
- Keeping track of your prescriptions
If you have a specific need but aren’t sure if a case manager is the right person to help you, please call customer service at 1-800-440-1561 (TTY: Dial 711) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. We’ll be happy to help.
How do I get a case manager?
As a CHPW member, you can refer yourself for case management. Or you can refer a child, relative, or friend who is a CHPW member.
If you have questions or want to refer yourself to Case Management, please contact our Case Management team at 1-866-418-7004.
Types of Specialty Case Management
- Children’s Mental Health
- Transitional Aged Youth
- Maternal Child Health
- LGBTQ+ Health
- To request assistance locating an in-network Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Provider please call 1-844-225-8624.
CHPW works with our provider network and community-based organizations in Washington to serve the best health of our members. So if someone in your network of care sees that you’re having trouble, they can refer you for case management as well.
Here are some people who might refer you to CHPW case management:
- Primary care practitioner or staff
- Specialist practitioner
- Discharge planner
- CHPW Customer Service, Population Health, and/or Transition Management departments
- Medical (Utilization) Management program