Coverage for hearing aids and exams
As a Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) member, if you suffer hearing loss and need hearing aids, you are covered.
Routine hearing exams are also covered for CHPW members. Keep tabs on your health so you can get the care you need, when you need it.
Hearing aids benefit
Members age 21 and older who have a medical need for hearing aids are eligible to receive the following:
- One hearing aid every five years
- A second hearing aid when specific criteria are met
- Repair and replacement of hearing aids
- Hearing aid related services and supplies
- Repairs to external components of cochlear implants and bone-anchored hearing aid (BAHA) devices
Members age 20 and younger who have a medical need for hearing aids are eligible to receive the following:
- Cochlear implant devices and bone-anchored hearing aid (BAHA) devices (Prior Authorization required)
- Repair and replacement of hearing aids (Prior Authorization required)
Questions about your coverage?
Contact CHPW member services. We want to make it easy for you to use the benefits you need to stay healthy.