Supporting the well-being of young children and families
Early periodic screening, diagnosis, and treatment (EPSDT) well-child visits:
- Provide health promotion and comprehensive preventive health care for children under 21.
- Play a critical role in early identification and intervention for conditions impacting children.
Schedule, for EPSDT beginning January 1, 2023:
- Infancy: 6 visits before one year of age
- Early Childhood: 7 visits between one and four years of age
- Middle Childhood and Adolescence: 1 visit every year (365 days) between five and up to twenty-one years of age
|EPSDT||hca.wa.gov > Program Administration > Apple Health eligibility manual > General eligibility requirements that apply to all Apple Health programs > Scope of care Early and Periodic Screening. Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT)||800 562-3022|
|Vaccines for Children||doh.wa.gov > Public Health System Resources and Services > Immunization >
Childhood Vaccine Program