You. At the center of your family, your community, and your health care.
For nearly 30 years, Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) has been providing quality health care to Washington families and supporting your choices for health care.
Quality health care means:
You’re the center
All care starts with you—the person who knows your health needs best. We listen and work with you to find the best solutions.
You have options
We’re honored to be the health care plan that works with you, and we don’t take your choice for granted.
You deserve excellent doctors
CHPW members say our network of committed health care providers is one of our greatest strengths.
You have rights
We’re here to make sure you’re satisfied with your care and are being treated fairly.
“Community” isn’t just a name, it’s how we operate.
We got our start in Washington’s communities. We’ve grown a lot over the years, but our local focus has stayed the same.
- We’re near you. CHPW’s network of 20 Community Health Centers operates more than 170 clinics across the state, working with more than 2,700 primary care providers and 14,700 specialists. Our network includes over 100 hospitals.
- We’re Washington residents. We ride the same buses you do, visit the same libraries, and attend the same PTA meetings.
- We show up. Our team members attend local events all across Washington, from holiday parades to community get-togethers.
You get coverage for your whole health.
Your unique circumstances—your hometown, your family, your goals, your likes and dislikes—all play a part in shaping your health. You’re a whole person, which is why we practice whole-person care.
Whole-person care means:
- We’re a team. We work hand-in-hand with you and your entire health care team, so it’s easier for you to get the care you need. We bring everyone together to consult with you about your health in pursuit of your best care options.
- We treat every part of you. Our plan takes your physical health, mental health, behavioral health (including habits, nutrition, and exercise), and prescription needs into account.
- Your health care is about more than doctor’s visits. Sometimes, you need your community to step in and help. We connect you with local resources for housing, food, job training, substance use recovery, and more.
Become a CHPW member:
In order to enroll with CHPW, you first have to be enrolled in Washington Apple Health (Medicaid). CHPW Customer Service can help you sign up for Apple Health and navigate Washington Healthplanfinder by phone. They will make sure you have all the documents you need to sign up and can help you with the application process.