Thank you for choosing CHPW. As your health plan, we take our responsibility to make sure you can get the care you need seriously. We look forward to working with you to help you achieve your health goals and feel your best. After you sign up with us, your insurance will start on the first of the following month.
Enrolling with CHPW
There are a couple different ways to get started.
- Online: Fill out this contact form and one of our representatives will get in touch with you to get you signed up.
- Over the phone: Call one of our representatives at 1-800-440-1561 TTY 711, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday.
- In person: Go to your local Community Health Center and a navigator will walk you through the enrollment process. Find a CHC near you.
In order to enroll with CHPW, you first have to be enrolled in the state's Medicaid program. Check to see if you qualify for Medicaid and sign up through the Washington HealthPlan Finder. Once you sign up for Medicaid, you can choose CHPW as your health plan.
Do you have all the documents you need?
To sign up for Medicaid, you’ll need the following documents for each person who plans on getting insured, including kids:
- Legal identification, like a driver’s license, birth certificate, or passport
- Social Security number and immigration information
- Household’s estimated income
- Your most recent tax return (just for the head of household)
How to pick an insurance provider
Deciding which insurance is best for you can sometimes be complicated. You need to weigh the different insurance plans and see which one covers the services and medication you need, works with your current doctors, offers benefits you want, and makes sense for you financially.