Orientation, Training and Education for Providers
Community Health Plan of Washington offers provider orientation and training programs. Some training programs are mandatory and others are optional.
New Providers (Mandatory, Attestation Required)
Newly contracted providers must complete orientation within 90 days of their contract effective date. Attestation
Established Providers (Optional Training)
Established providers may access our orientation for a refresher and updates.
Integrated Managed Care Education and Training
Washington State is changing how it pays for delivery of physical health, mental health, and substance use disorder services through the Apple Health (Medicaid) program. Learn more about what this means by reading our training guides below.
Clinical training and support
- UW Psychiatry and Addictions Case Conference (UW PACC)
- UW TelePain
- Seattle Children’s Partnership Access Line (PAL)
- Partnership Access Line (PAL) for Moms
- UW Psychiatry Consultation Line
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for psychosis (CBTp)
- SMI Adviser (A Clinical Support System for Serious Mental Illness)
- Northwest Addiction Technology Transfer Center (NWATTC)
- Mental Health Technology Transfer Center Network
- Northwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (NWMHTTC)
- Resources for Integrated Care
- Washington State Medical Association Resources
- Washington State Hospital Association Calendar
Training events for providers are continuously offered remotely and in-person across the state. Search our training calendar to find events that will enhance your practice.
Mandatory Training Programs
CHPW offers trainings and attestations that are mandatory for care providers and staff.
Model of Care Training
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requires all care providers who treat patients enrolled in a Special Needs Plan (SNP) to complete annual Model of Care (MOC) training.
Must be completed by: Providers and staff who render routine care to members who are enrolled in the Special Needs Plan (i.e. MD, DO, ARNP, RN, LPN, etc.).
- Start the SNP Model of Care Webinar (Attestation required at end of training)
Patient Rights and Responsibilities & Advance Directives Training
Must be completed by: Providers and staff (i.e. MD, DO, ARNP, RN, LPN, Administrators, Office Managers, Medical Assistants, Receptionists, Medical Record Coordinators, Referral Coordinators, etc.).
CMS Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Training
You must also complete the CMS General Compliance and/or Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training and submit an annual Attestation to CHPW to attest that training has been completed.
CMS requires the following to be completed every year:
- Complete General Compliance and/or Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training.
- Maintain individual training documentation for all staff members (I.e. sign-in sheets, electronic certification, etc.).
- Submit an Attestation form to CHPW, attesting that training requirements have been met.
As stated by CMS, there is one exception to the Fraud, Waste and Abuse training and education requirement. CMS implemented a “deeming” exception for an entity or an individual who is enrolled in Medicare Part A or B. This means that your training requirement for FWA is satisfied if you are enrolled in Medicare Part A or B; therefore, your annual attestation would only apply to General Compliance.
CMS General Compliance and/or, Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training must be completed by: Providers and all staff (I.e., MD, DO, ARNP, RN, LPN, Administrators, Office Managers, Medical Assistant, Receptionists, Medical Record Coordinators, Referral Coordinators, etc.).
Fill out your attestation online or submit a PDF:
- Online General Compliance and/or Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training Completion Attestation form
- Attestation of Completion General Compliance and/or Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training (PDF)
To access our FAQ on General Compliance, Fraud, Waste and Abuse, and the Attestation process, click on the following link:
Providers will be required to complete General Compliance and/or Fraud Waste, and Abuse training using CMS materials. The link below includes CMS’s training for General Compliance and/or Fraud, Waste and Abuse. Upon completing the training, submit your Attestation to CHPW as directed above.
Community Health Plan of Washington Compliance Training
Providers and staff whose health or administrative job functions relate to Washington Apple Health or Medicare members are required to read about Community Health Plan of Washington’s Compliance Program. More information regarding compliance training can be found in the Provider Manual.
Optional Provider Training Programs
Culturally and Linguistic Appropriate Service (CLAS) Training
Recommended for all healthcare workers (i.e. MD, DO, ARNP, RN, LPN, Administrators, Office Managers, Medical Assistants, Receptionists, Medical Record Coordinators, Referral Coordinators, etc.).
Recommended for providers and staff (i.e. MD, DO, ARNP, RN, LPN, Administrators, Office Managers, Medical Assistants, Receptionists, Medical Record Coordinators, Referral Coordinators, etc.).
Get to know CHPW's different Care Management programs. These programs can help patients who have complex or multiple conditions better manage their health.
- HealthMAPS Provider User Guide
- Instructions for Professional Claims Entry
- Instructions for Corrected or Replacement Claims Entry
- Instructions for Institutional Claims Entry
- HealthMAPS FAQ
If you prefer on-site training, please email our Provider Relations Team to request an in-person training session.
Community Health Plan of Washington Contact Information
Email our Provider Relations Team with questions regarding our training programs. One of our Provider Relations Representatives will contact you.