Effective March 1, 2018, Community Health Plan of Washington is transitioning the processing of HIPAA 270/271 (Eligibility/Benefit Inquiry and Response) and 276/277 (Claim Status Inquiry and Response) transactions to NTT Data. The service provided by NTT Data complies with the CAQH CORE Phase I & II Operating Rules.
Please note all providers must work directly with NTT Data in support of this change, or instruct your trading partners to work with NTT Data. Without an agreement in place, we will not be able to transition you to the new system.
Below are the steps that must be followed to connect to the new service:
- Contact NTT Data directly or inform your trading partner/clearinghouse to contact NTT Data at DL_Consumerism_Services@nttdata.com.
- Trading partner sign the Trading Partner Agreement as a first step for using the service.
- Once the Trading Partner Agreement is signed, NTT Data will perform the necessary steps to onboard your trading partner to use the service. NTT Data will provide a user ID and password along with the links for the test and production systems. The trading partner can also work with NTT Data for X.509 certificate based authentication.
- The trading partner can connect to the test and/or production site after the above steps are performed.
In preparation, providers and trading partners can participate in a test phase before the go-live date as follows:
- If you are interested in testing, you must notify DL_Consumerism_Services@nttdata.com immediately and a Trading Partner Agreement with NTT Data must be in place.
- Test phase schedule: February 1, 2018 through February 21, 2018.
- Go-live date: March 1, 2018
If you do not participate in the testing phase, CHPW highly recommends that your trading partner complete the required connectivity agreement with NTT Data by February 15, 2018. This will ensure a smooth transition and avoid potential interruptions in your HIPAA 270/271 and HIPAA 276/277 transactions.
To confirm the agreement status of your trading partner or to address any additional questions, please email EDI.Support@chpw.org.
Thank you again for your valued service.