CHPW is excited to announce our new HealthMAPS (Health Member and Provider Services) portal. Launching this fall, HealthMAPS will be an upgrade and replacement for the current Health Information Portal, or HIP.
Why are we changing?
HIP is an old version of the health plan portal software. It lacks modern standards, provides limited browser support, and is not as user-friendly as similar online services.
In addition, our providers and members have requested specific self-service options that the current HIP cannot accommodate.
What’s in it for you?
HealthMAPS will deliver:
- Additional browser support
- A modern user interface, creating an improved user experience
- A visually rich, easy to interpret, graphical format
- Easy navigation to high-level information with the option to drill down to details
- Enhanced ability to send and receive benefit/eligibility (270/271) and claim status (276/277) transactions
- The ability to send clean claims and corrected claims directly to CHPW
- Accessibility anywhere, anytime from mobile devices, tablets, and laptops
- Enhanced security, including annual HIPAA and security assessments and upgrades
Providers, you will be able to view your dashboard (with notifications and news, claims and membership information, and more); access authorization and referral requests (via a link to Jiva); submit patient claims; and request claim reviews.
Members will be able to view their dashboard (with member news, coverage summary, overview of authorization and referral requests, etc.); get details about medical plans and benefits; view claims and explanations of benefits; report other health insurance; request ID cards; request PCP updates; update demographic information; and search for physicians and facilities.
Providers and members alike will be able to send and receive secure messages with CHPW.
What can you expect for timing and go-live?
CHPW is planning for go-live this fall, 2018. Look for additional communications coming soon to announce the exact launch date.
CHPW and Dr. Bear will keep you updated with provider bulletins, training, and testing opportunities. User acceptance testing (UAT) is scheduled to begin in July. Contact EDI.Support@chpw.org if you’d like to participate in testing.