Delivering Better Care and Service to Our Members
Community Health Plan of Washington's Quality Improvement Program looks at how well you're being taken care of and finds ways we can help you be healthier. We track different health programs, report on how well we're doing, and figure out how we can do better.
Our Quality Improvement Program
We have a lot of different ways to make sure that you're getting the best care possible. Here are some of the things we do:
- We offer care coordination to help you keep different treatments and doctor appointments organized.
- We use integrated managed care to help you get access to more services.
- Our network of providers works with each other and with us to make sure you're getting the best care.
- We monitor your safety.
- We investigate when you tell us something's wrong with how you've been treated.
- We offer resources to help you learn about your health and rewards for taking steps to get healthier.
- We report our member population's health to the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) and Consumer Assessment of Health Plans and Systems (CAHPS).
- We make sure our programs and services meet or exceed standards from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
CHPW's Quality Improvement Program is all about your health, so from time to time, we will contact you via e-mail or by phone to tell you about programs or services that we think might help you, preventive or wellness services you might be interested in, or just to learn more about you and your health concerns.
Our health and wellness library has videos, articles and tools to teach you about different health topics and help you make decisions about your care.
If you have a health question or concern, you can call our Nurse Advice Line, 24 hours a day, seven days a week: 1-866-418-1002.
We want to hear from you!
Give us feedback by calling Customer Service or, if you live near Vancouver, Seattle, Bellingham or Yakima, join a Member Engagement Workgroup (MEW). At our MEWs, Community Health Plan of Washington members get together with a Community Health Plan representative, have lunch, and talk about ways we can do a better job with your care. Call 1-866-418-4290 and leave a message or email us if you're interested in coming to a MEW.
If you have concerns about the quality of care you have received, please let us know.
Every year, we look at our programs and services and report on how we're doing. In 2017, we focused on three areas: Better Health, Better Care, and Lower Costs. Our scorecard is below.
- + means we improved in 2017
- = means we stayed the same as 2016
- x means we got worse from 2017
Goal: Better Health. Overall Result: Stayed the Same
- Access to Primary Care: x
- Child Development Services: x
- Chronic Condition Management: =
- Disease-specific Screenings: =
- End of Life Care: +
- Medication Management: =
Goal: Better Care. Overall Result: Stayed the Same
- Effective: =
- Efficient: =
- Equitable: =
- Patient-Centered: =
- Safe: =
- Timely: x
Goal: Lower Cost. Overall Result: Stayed the Same
- Appropriate Utilization: =
- Clinical Practice Guidelines: =
- Continuity of Care: +
- Coordination of Care: x
- Evidence-based Decision Making and Inter-rater Reliability: +
- Physician Extenders as PCPs: =
If you would like the full program evaluation for 2017, please contact Customer Service.