Emergency and Medical Advice Help Lines are available 24/7
You do not need a referral to see a Mental Health Provider
Community Health Plan of Washington has a large network of providers who can help you manage a mental health or substance use condition. You don't need a referral from your Primary Care Doctor to see a Mental Health Provider.
When you see your Mental Health Provider, they will ask you some questions to determine what kind of care you need.
After they've determined the kind of care you need, they will work with you to get you an appointment with the right doctor. That doctor might be them, another CHPW Mental Health Provider, or a provider that works with your area's Behavioral Health Organization (BHO).
You will not have a copay unless you see a provider who does not work with CHPW or your region's BHO. You have the right to choose a qualified provider for your mental health or substance use care. If you're having trouble getting in to see a provider, please contact CHPW.
To get that first appointment with a Mental Health provider, use our online provider search tool or call Customer Service.
Find the right Provider with our Provider Search Tool
- Go to the online Provider Directory
- Enter your zip code
- Enter the search term that best describes what you think you need into the bar that says "Filter by Specialties":
- Chemical Dependency (substance use condition/addiction)
- Mental Health
- Psychiatrist (can prescribe medication)
- Social Worker
You can see any in-network Mental Health Provider for your initial assessment.
- Click the Search button
- Select how far you're willing to travel for care
Case management ensures access
Most of what helps you get better happens outside the doctor’s office. Organizing care in your daily life can be stressful. That’s why we have case managers to help you. Many of our Case Managers are licensed social workers, nurses, or specialists.
Case managers can:
- Find a provider for you
- Make sure you get in to see a doctor
- Organize transportation
- Keep track of your medicine
- Help you set and meet health goals
- Connect you to extra resources that can help
Case management is covered for every CHPW member. Call Customer Service to get started.