No one likes to get a lot of phone calls from their health plan. We understand that, and we try to only reach out for a good reason. And when we do, we hope you pick up the phone.
One of the most important phone calls you will receive from us is after you leave the hospital. On your own, it can be difficult to keep up the level of medical care you were receiving at a professional medical facility. That’s why we call.
The first call will come the day after you leave the hospital (or any care facility). If we don’t reach you, we’ll try again a couple times and then send a letter. We will not be calling to ask for money at all. The call is just to ensure your safety and continued good care. Here’s how we can help:
- Making sure you have and understand your discharge instructions.
- Ensuring you receive the medicine you need.
- Setting up follow-up appointments as needed.
- Helping you get transportation to appointments.
- Connecting you to other programs for your specific condition(s).
- Providing access to public resources for food and housing if needed.
If you need help with any of these items and haven’t received a phone call, don’t worry. You can always call our Care Management team at 1-866-418-7003 (TTY: 7-1-1).