If Your Earning Potential is Limited by Age or Disability
The Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program provides financial help to disabled children and older/disabled adults who have limited income and resources. Care providers may refer their patients to the SSI Program, or individuals can refer themselves.
Eligibility for SSI
To qualify for SSI benefits, a person must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be at least age 65 OR be blind or disabled
- Have limited income and resources
- Be a citizen or a national of the U.S. or an alien who meets certain applicable requirements
- Reside in one of the 50 States, District of Columbia, or the Northern Mariana Islands, except for a child of military parent(s) assigned to permanent duty anywhere outside the United States or certain students temporarily abroad.
Other factors may affect eligibility, including:
- Marital status
- Monthly income from work or bank balance
Apply for or Refer to the SSI Program
CHPW has partnered with Healthcare Financial, Inc. (HFI) to assist our members with the SSI application and appeals process.
Members: Start the application process
Providers: Refer your patient
Please contact our Customer Service team if you have further questions about SSI or HFI.