Case management is a collaborative process that addresses individual health care needs.
It involves the coordination of services to identify alternative options and educate members about resources available to them. A case manager's role is advocacy, assessment, and coordination of care between multiple providers and the member.
Members can be referred to Case Management in the following ways:
- Members may refer themselves
- Caregivers can also refer a member
- Clinic referral coordinator
- Primary care practitioner or staff
- Specialist practitioner
- Discharge planner referral
- Community Health Plan of Washington Customer Service, Population Health and/or Transition Management departments
- Medical (Utilization) Management program referral
- High-risk reports at the plan level
If you have questions or want to refer yourself to Case Management, please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-440-1561 (TTY Relay: Dial 711), from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PST) Monday through Friday.