HealthMAPS Provider Portal Update
CHPW’s HealthMAPS online provider portal lets you enter and view member claims, check eligibility, view and report a member’s other health insurance (OHI), and more.
HealthMAPS Login Change Effective September 27, 2021
Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) is in the process of implementing Multi-Factor Authentication for all of our provider-facing portals, including HealthMAPS. This enhances the safety and security of CHPW’s provider and membership data.
OneHealthPort already offers Multi-Factor Authentication for Community Health Plan of Washington. Beginning September 27, 2021, we’ll require you to sign in directly to OneHealthPort for access to CHPW’s HealthMAPS provider portal.
What is OneHealthPort?
OneHealthPort’s Single Sign-On offers healthcare professionals an easy and secure way to access the provider portals of major local health plans and hospitals as well as other valuable online services with one ID and password.
What is Multi-Factor Authentication?
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) means a user must verify their identity by multiple methods in order to log into an account or system. Methods can include something you know, such as your username and password, plus something you have, such as a unique code that is generated by an app and sent to you via email or text. You enter the necessary information to verify your identity and approve your login. This can help prevent someone else from accessing your account, even if they know your username and password.
Please see OneHealthPort’s Multi-Factor Authentication page for more information.
How do I check if my organization has a OneHealthPort account?
Please see OneHealthPort’s Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- To check if your organization is registered with OneHealthPort, follow the instructions under “What if I don’t know whether my Organization is registered yet or who is my Administrator?”
- If you do not have a OneHealthPort account, follow the instructions under “How do I register to use OneHealthPort?” or go directly to Register Your Organization.
If you already have a OneHealthPort account, you’re all set.
What happens if I do not log in to HealthMAPS from OneHealthPort after September 27?
Beginning September 27, if you try to create a new HealthMAPS account or log in to HealthMAPS directly, the system will redirect you to OneHealthPort. You will then need to log in to OneHealthPort to access HealthMAPS.
To log in to HealthMAPS from OneHealthPort:
- Select this link: https://www.onehealthport.com/sso-payer/community-health-plan-washington.
- Select the button that reads HealthMAPS Login as in the screenshot below.
- Enter your OneHealthPort logon credentials.
What if I have more questions?
If you have questions about OneHealthPort, including how to register or how to access your account, you can contact OneHealthPort’s Help Desk at 1 (800) 973-4797, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you have questions about CHPW’s HealthMAPS portal, please see our Provider Portal Training page, or call:
- CHPW Washington Apple Health Integrated Managed Care (IMC) Customer Service, 1 (800) 440-1561 (Toll Free) Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
- CHPW Medicare Advantage Customer Service, 1 (800) 942-0247 (Toll Free) 7 days/week, 8am to 8pm
- CHNW Cascade Select Customer Service, 1 (866) 907-1906 (Toll Free), 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday