Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) is excited to let you know that there’s a new federal program called the Emergency Broadband Benefit to help Americans who are struggling to pay for internet.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit provides discounted monthly internet service for qualifying households
The benefit includes:
Frequently Asked Questions
*Click to see answers about the Emergency Broadband BenefitWho is eligible?
A household is eligible if one or more members of the household meet any of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Participates in certain government assistance programs, such as Basic Food (SNAP), Apple Health (Medicaid), or Lifeline
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch or breakfast program
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Experienced loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program
There are three ways your clients or patients can apply:
- Your clients or patients can reach out to their current service provider and ask if they participate in the Emergency Broadband Benefit program. Their current service provider will provide details on services they may have available as part of the program and options to apply discounts to existing service (if applicable).
- If your clients or patients don’t have a current service provider, or if their current service provider doesn’t participate in the program, they can apply online on the FCC website.
- Your clients or patients can also apply by mail. They can print and complete an application in English or Spanish (instructions also available in 9 additional languages) and send with proof of eligibility to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
The Emergency Broadband Benefit will end when the fund runs out of money, or six months after the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services declares an end to the COVID-19 health emergency, whichever is sooner. Due to the temporary nature of the program, we encourage applying as soon as possible.
Visit GetEmergencyBroadband.org to learn more and see how your clients or patients can receive their benefit. You can also call the Emergency Broadband Support Center at 1-833-511-0311 or email [email protected].