We're here to help you get the best care possible.
Our mission is to improve the health of our communities, and that means improving the health of the people in those communities. We're constantly developing programs, initiatives, and rewards to make sure you get healthy and stay healthy. Here's a summary of what we do for you.
Making sure you can see a doctor
A doctor is one of the best resources you have on the road to good health. The first step is making sure you can get medical attention from someone you like and trust.
- We assign a provider to new members: Everyone who signs up automatically gets a primary care physician they can get in touch with right away.
- We make it easy to change doctors: If you want a different doctor for any reason, CHPW works with you to find the right one.
- We support best practices in our clinics: We work directly with our clinics to share and implement the best methods for providing care.
- We work to get more doctors and clinics in network: The more doctors we have, the more options you have and the faster you can get care.
- We make getting your ID card simple: You can print your member ID card whenever you need to through our online Member Center.
Getting you the care you need, when you need it
We work to make sure that no matter what your medical issues are, you're getting the right care.
- We offer care management and coordination: Health care can sometimes be complicated. We work with you to help achieve your health goals and take away the confusion.
- We provide a 24/7 Nurse Advice Hotline: Morning, noon, and night, our nurses are available to answer your medical questions.
- We work with community organizations: Good health doesn't stop at the clinic door. We connect you with organizations in your neighborhood that offer important resources.
- We provide health information: We help you take control over your health by providing wellness education, resources, and rewards for staying healthy.
Keeping kids healthy
Your kids rely on you to make good decisions about their health. You can rely on us to help you make the right choices to keep your kids healthy.
- We reward parents for keeping kids healthy: Our Well-Child Program gives parents a $20 gift card every time their child completes a well-child visit and is up-to-date on their vaccinations.
- We remind you about important doctor visits: Kids need to see their doctor regularly for checkups and shots. We help you keep track of your kids' appointments.
- We help kids stay active: Annual school sports physicals are covered, helping kids get out in the field, onto the court, or into the pool.
- We check in on your kids' health: We offer annual health risk assessments to see if there are any health issues we can tackle before they get too serious.
- We partner with the Boys & Girls Club of Washington: Our members can join their local Boys & Girls Club for free. The organization offers mentorship, a safe place, homework help, nutrition programs, and more.
Keeping women and mothers healthy
We are committed to supporting Washington's women and mothers.
- We check for health risks: Our annual health risk assessments help us identify any health issues and connect you with resources that can help.
- We give you information to prevent disease: We have lots of information and resources available online to help you prevent serious illnesses.
- We reward prenatal visits: We offer a $65 gift card for a car seat for members who complete two prenatal visits.
- We offer education for new moms: Our New Arrivals program provides nurse support and answers before and after the baby is born.
- We give away breast pumps: We will send you a manual or electric breast pump for free after your baby is born.
Preventing and managing illness
We try our best to keep you from getting sick, but sometimes it happens anyway. When you do get sick, we help you manage your care so you can get better as fast as possible.
- We help you quit smoking: Quitting smoking is much easier when you have support, so we offer a Quit for Life program to help you take the step toward better health.
- We connect you with services to prevent disease: We offer education about our preventive and wellness services.
- We help you manage your care: Our disease managment programs take the stress and confusion out of getting better.
- We help you manage your medication: Our Personal Medication Coaching explains your medication so you use it the right way.
- We bring medicine right to your door: If you're taking specialty medication, we'll deliver it to you so you never miss a dose.
Making sure you're happy with your care
We believe that going to the doctor should be a positive, reassuring experience. If you're not happy with your care, we want to know about it.
- We ask you about your care: CHPW conducts surveys with both members and doctors to see how satisfied they are with the quality of care.
- We come to you: We hold Member Engagement Workgroups in different communities, meet with members, share a meal, and get feedback throughout the state.
- We hold ourselves accountable: CHPW has systems in place for tracking and fixing any issues our members share with us.
Making sure you're happy with us
We want to get feedback from you. It helps us figure out how to do a better job as your health insurance provider.
- We speak your language: We offer translation services in any language so you can tell us what you need.
- Respect is important to us: We have regular staff trainings on cultural sensitivity and humility so everyone feels welcome.
- We ask for your feedback: We conduct surveys and Member Engagement Workgroups so you can let us know what you think.
- We fix what's wrong: We track and work to resolve any concern you share with us.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know! Our Customer Service Representatives are available to help you Monday through Friday, 8 a.m to 9 p.m. at 1-800-440-1561 (TTY Relay: Dial 711) or via email at CustomerCare@chpw.org