About Community Health Plan
Community Health Plan of Washington was created in 1992 by a group of community health centers across Washington State that wanted to provide an alternative to profit-oriented health plans. The health plan collaborates with community health centers and other providers statewide to provide comprehensive, quality, primary health care services. Its primary care providers focus on treating the entire person.
One way Community Health Plan measures success is by the health care dollars it is able to return to its communities, such as continually reinvesting in health centers so they can provide better care to more people and funding measures that improve service quality.
Community Health Plan’s network includes more than 500 primary care clinics, 2,500 providers, 14,000 specialists, and 100 hospitals.
You can learn more about Medical Care Services, about Community Health Plan of Washington, and about how to use your plan.
We send you information:
We send you printed information when you become a member, annually during the time you are a member, and at other times to make sure you get the most out of your health care.
You can request printed information:
You can order printed information about specific topics or a booklet that includes all of your member information. You can also download and print PDFs from this website. You can get printed information anytime you want it.
You can request information in another language or another format:
You can also ask us to translate the information into the language you prefer to read. If your vision is impaired or you have difficulty reading, we can read the information to you.
To get more information about your plan:
- How to Find Important Information lists information available to you and tells you how to find the information or get a printed copy sent to you.
- To find a provider, pharmacy, clinic, or hospital, you can search on this website: Click the Providers tab and then select the type of search you want. To get a printed report or have someone search for you, contact our customer service team. (Contact information below.)
- You can also search our formulary (approved drug list) to find out if your prescription is covered. On this website: Click the Providers tab and then select Formulary Search. To get a printed report or have someone search for you, please contact our customer service team. (Contact information below.)
- Contact the Community Health Plan customer service team at 1-800-440-1561, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or email email@example.com. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call TTY Relay: Dial 7-1-1.
Hours Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Voice 1-800-440-1561 toll free
TTY TTY Relay: Dial 7-1-1
OFFICE PHONE 206-521-8830 voice
Community Health Plan of Washington
720 Olive Way, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98101-1830
- Search the Provider Directory online.
- Contact the Community Health Plan customer service team.
FREE 24-HOUR NURSE ADVICE LINE
Voice 1-866-418-1002 toll free
TTY 1-866-418-1006 toll free
MEDICAL CARE SERVICES (Medicaid)
MEDICAID CUSTOMER SERVICE
TTY TTY Relay: Dial 7-1-1
To learn about your rights under the law, call the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner:
If you have a problem or concern, call the Washington State Department of Health Consumer Hotline: