Congratulations on your decision to sign up for health insurance.
Health insurance is a great investment in your health and future. It gives you peace of mind and access to care that can improve your quality of life.
Health insurance can sometimes be confusing, but we want to make signing up as easy as possible. Follow these simple steps to get covered.
1. Do you have Apple Health?
Apple Health is Washington’s Medicaid program. Once you sign up for Apple Health, you can pick your insurance provider.
If you’re signed up for Apple Health and you’re ready to join CHPW, skip to step 5.
If you still need Apple Health, you can join at any time. Go to the Washington HealthPlan Finder to see if you qualify and sign up.
2. Do you have all the documents you need?
To sign up for Apple Health, you’ll need the following documents for each person who plans on getting insured, including kids:
- Legal identification, like a driver’s license, birth certificate, or passport.
- Social Security number and immigration information.
- Household’s estimated income.
- Your most recent tax return (just for the head of household).
3. See if you qualify for Apple Health and sign up
Click here to go to the Washington HealthPlan Finder. Once you sign up, you will also:
- Choose your insurance provider.
- Choose your primary care doctor or have one assigned to you.
4. How to pick an insurance provider
Deciding which insurance is best for you can sometimes be complicated. You need to weigh the different insurance plans and see which one covers the services and medication you need, works with your current doctors, offers benefits you want, and makes sense for you financially.
- Read our Insurance 101 Guide for more help.
- Check if your doctor is in CHPW’s network by searching our provider directory.
- Check if we cover your medication by searching our online formulary.
- Check out the extra benefits CHPW offers to our members.
5. If you're ready to sign up for CHPW
We’re happy you’ve picked CHPW! There are a couple different ways to get coverage with us
- Online: Fill out this contact form and one of our representatives will get in touch with you to get you signed up.
- Over the phone: Call one of our representatives at 1-800-440-1561.
- In Person: Go to your local Community Health Center and a navigator will walk you through the enrollment process. Find a CHC near you.